Sunday: 9:30 am
M/W/F: 6:45 am at Our Lady of Grace
T/TH: 8:30 am at St. Benedict
Sacrament of Reconciliation:
Saturday 5:00 pm
- Father Daniel Blout, Administrator
- Aurelia Sabol, Parish Secretary
- Steven LoCascio, Director of Faith Formation
- Julie Teslevich, Coordinator of Pre K – 5th Faith Formation
- Renie Prengaman, Coordinator of Sacramental Preparation
- Michelle Ruby, Coordinator of Middle/High School Youth Ministry
- Paula Aiello, Coordinator of Adult Formation
- Tim Kuhar, Director of Music
Readings for the week of May 19, 2019
- Sunday: Acts 14:21-27 / Ps 145:8-9, 10-11, 12-13 [cf. 1] / Rv 21:1-5a / Jn 13:31-33a, 34-35
- Monday: Acts 14:5-18 / Ps 115:1-2, 3-4, 15-16 [1ab] / Jn 14:21-26
- Tuesday: Acts 14:19-28 / Ps 145:10-11, 12-13ab, 21 [cf. 12]Jn 14:27-31a
- Wednesday: Acts 15:1-6 / Ps 122:1-2, 3-4ab, 4cd-5 [cf. 1] / Jn 15:1-8
- Thursday: Acts 15:7-21 / Ps 96:1-2a, 2b-3, 10  / Jn 15:9-11
- Friday: Acts 15:22-31 / Ps 57:8-9, 10 and 12 [10a] / Jn 15:12-17
- Saturday: Acts 16:1-10 / Ps 100:1b-2, 3, 5 [2a] / Jn 15:18-21
- Next Sunday: Acts 15:1-2, 22-29 / Ps 67:2-3, 5, 6, 8  / Rv 21:10-14, 22-23 / Jn 14:23-29
Updating Parish Membership as Youth become Adults
Our parish maintains the registration of youth members under their parent’s household registration until they turn 21 years old or upon college graduation. Our office relies on your help to keep our records up-to-date as your children grow into adulthood. Therefore, we encourage you, or your adult children living at your address, to take time to ‘re-register’ as members of our parish community. This will not only help our parish to have up-to-date information, but will also be beneficial if they need a Sponsor Certificate verifying their active membership.
Registering at Saint Benedict is as convenient as by stopping by the parish office during regular office hours or by clicking here to register online.
Active membership in a Catholic parish is a requirement to be eligible for:
- the Sacrament of Marriage
- the Sacrament of Confirmation
- the Sacrament of Baptism of a child
- the reception of First Communion
- a sponsor certificate for Baptism/Confirmation
Spanish Mass at Our Lady of Grace Parish Sunday evenings
A Mass in Spanish will be celebrated at Our Lady of Grace Parish, Greensburg, Sundays at 6 p.m. May 19 and June 9 (Pentecost). A social will follow. Call 405-207-3468 for information.
Misa en Español a la Our Lady of Grace Parish Domingos de la Tarde
La Eucaristía tendrá lugar a las 6 de tarde a: 19 de Mayo, y 9 de Junio (Pentecostés). Después de la misa compartiremos una merienda. Para obtener más información, por favor llamen al 405-207-3468.
RECITATION of the ROSARY - All parishioners are invited to join members of the Rosary Altar Society for this devotion at 6:30 p.m. every Wednesday of May, Mary’s month, in the church. The rosary has a long tradition as an effective aid to prayer.
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL - The Partner Parishes of St. Benedict and Our Lady of Grace are pleased to announce that registration for “Roar” Vacation Bible School is now open!
June 24 – 28, 2019
9 AM - Noon
Our Lady of Grace Church
Preschool thru Grade 5
Registration Donations Suggestions: $10 for 1 child, $20 for 2 children, $25 for 3 or more children. Payments can be made by cash or check through the mail or the parish office. All checks should be made payable to Our Lady of Grace Church.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: MAY 26, 2019
Volunteers are also needed to help with the various stations. Anyone entering Grade 6 through adult is invited to help. Please contact the Our Lady of Grace parish office for more details at 724-838-9480.
Click on the link below to register:
The SOLEMNITY of the ASCENSION - A holyday of obligation commemorating the event forty days after the Resurrection when Jesus returned to His rightful place at the right hand of God, will be observed on Thursday, May 30. Masses at St. Benedict will be at 9:00 AM & 7:00 PM. Masses at Our Lady of Grace will be at 12:10 PM & 5:30 PM.
SAVE THE DATE - The Most Reverend Edward C. Malesic, JCL, Bishop of Greensburg, has accepted our invitation to celebrate Mass as the principal celebrant and homilist on Sunday, June 30, 2019 at the 9:30 AM Mass. Bishop Malesic will dedicate the new altar and blessing the new tabernacle, the ambo and other liturgical furnishings. A reception will follow in the Parish Center.
St. Benedict Parish presents: Lifelong learning in Faith
A Biblical Walk through the Mass
Thanks to you, our Lenten study was a huge success! We had 78 people register for “A Biblical Walk through the Mass”. We explored the biblical meanings behind the components of the Mass and as a result, gained a renewed appreciation for the gift we receive each week as we encounter the true presence of Jesus.
Reflections from Participants:
"I have a better understanding of the parts of the Mass. There were things I had once learned, but had forgotten."
"It was very relatable, food for thought."
"I enjoyed everything about the program. It was done in a way that I could understand."
"I loved the explanation of the different parts of the Mass. The knowledge makes the Mass come alive to me."
We’d love for you to join us next time!
Please feel free to forward suggestions for future programs to Paiello@dioceseofgreensburg.org
SAVE THE DATE - The Saint Benedict Annual Festival will be held July 13 & 14.