Sunday: 9:30 am
M/W/F: 6:45 am at Our Lady of Grace
T/TH: 8:30 am at St. Benedict
Sacrament of Reconciliation:
Saturday 5:00 pm
- Father Daniel Blout, Administrator
- Aurelia Sabol, Parish Secretary
- Steven LoCascio, Director of Faith Formation
- Julie Teslevich, Coordinator of Pre K – 5th Faith Formation
- Renie Prengaman, Coordinator of Sacramental Preparation
- Michelle Ruby, Coordinator of Middle/High School Youth Ministry
- Paula Aiello, Coordinator of Adult Formation
- Tim Kuhar, Director of Music
Readings for the Week of October 14, 2018
- Sunday: Wis 7:7-11 / Ps 90:12-13, 14-15, 16-17  / Heb 4:12-13 / Mk 10:17-30 or 10:17-27
- Monday: Gal 4:22-24, 26-27, 31—5:1 / Ps 113:1b-2, 3-4, 5a and 6-7 [cf. 2] / Lk 11:29-32
- Tuesday: Gal 5:1-6 / Ps 119:41, 43, 44, 45, 47, 48 [41a] / Lk 11:37-41
- Wednesday: Gal 5:18-25 / Ps 1:1-2, 3, 4 and 6 [cf. Jn 8:12] / Lk 11:42-46
- Thursday: 2 Tm 4:10-17b / Ps 145:10-11, 12-13, 17-18  / Lk 10:1-9
- Friday: Eph 1:11-14 / Ps 33:1-2, 4-5, 12-13  / Lk 12:1-7
- Saturday: Eph 1:15-23 / Ps 8:2-3ab, 4-5, 6-7  / Lk 12:8-12
- Next Sunday: Is 53:10-11 / Ps 33:4-5, 18-19, 20, 22  / Heb 4:14-16 / Mk 10:35-45 or 10:42-45
Updating Parish Membership as Youth become Adults
Our parish maintains the registration of youth members under their parent’s household registration until they turn 21 years old or upon college graduation. Our office relies on your help to keep our records up-to-date as your children grow into adulthood. Therefore, we encourage you, or your adult children living at your address, to take time to ‘re-register’ as members of our parish community. This will not only help our parish to have up-to-date information, but will also be beneficial if they need a Sponsor Certificate verifying their active membership.
Registering at Saint Benedict is as convenient as by stopping by the parish office during regular office hours or by clicking here to register online.
Active membership in a Catholic parish is a requirement to be eligible for:
- the Sacrament of Marriage
- the Sacrament of Confirmation
- the Sacrament of Baptism of a child
- the reception of First Communion
- a sponsor certificate for Baptism/Confirmation
PARISH CENTER WATER DAMAGE - Sometime last Saturday night into early Sunday morning, a 1-inch plastic water line sprung a leak in the ceiling above the entrance area of our Parish Hall. Emergency crews from local fire companies arrived approximately at 4:30 a.m. Sunday when the leak caused one of our alarm sensors to activate. They were able to stop the leak and used suction machines to move the accumulated water out of the building by 7:30 Sunday morning. Restoration crews arrived on Monday to begin the process of assessing the extent of water damage to the floor, walls, ceilings, and furnishings of the entrance area, both offices, 1 classroom, and approximately ½ of the parish hall’s vinyl floor. We notified our insurance carrier to open a damage claim.
The extent of the damage was not determined at the time of submitting this article for publication to the web site. However, a preliminary timeline for allowing sufficient drying, determining the extent of water damage, demolition work, ordering repair materials, and complete the necessary restoration will be approximately 2 weeks. In the meantime, we have set up a temporary office (phone, computer, and printing) in one of the classrooms to keep things running. However, all activities and meetings scheduled in the Parish Hall are cancelled until further notice – including Faith Formation on Sunday, October 21.
We apologize for any inconvenience this accident may cause and we ask for your patient understanding during the next couple of weeks.
FAITH FORMATION programming for children and youth of the parish in pre-K through 12th grade began on Sunday, September 9th from 10:30 – 11:45 am in the Parish Center.
This year, the pre-K through 5th grade classes will be held every other week. In addition, the Middle School and High School Youth Groups will be combined into a single group and will meet on the same schedule (every other week) as the Pre-K through 5th grade. You are welcome to contact:
Julie Teslevich for children ages pre-K though 5th grade at 724-0961-4957 or at JTeslevich@dioceseofgreensburg.org. Michelle Ruby for children in grades 6 though 12 at 724-787-4782 or at MJRuby@dioceseofgreensburg.org
The Wild Goose is Loose!
You are invited! St. Benedict Church will host the Ministry of the Wild Goose Thursdays in October from 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM in the Parish Center.
Fr. Dave Pivonka, in his engaging videos, will lead us on an amazing journey to peace of mind and heart through the love of the Holy Spirit.
The program is FREE and there is NO HOMEWORK.
The sessions are not sequential…come to one or all and benefit!
Please RSVP to Paula @ firstname.lastname@example.org or (724)289-8481.
If you’re looking for a little pick-me-up…this program is for you!
CATHOLIC TEACHING - Our Lady of Grace is sponsoring Everything You Wanted to Know About Catholic Teachings on the following:
On Mary by Katrina Coleman on Oct. 9
On Ghosts, Spirits & Superstition by Greg Petrucci on Oct. 30
On Deaths & Funerals by Fr. Dan Blout & Marisa Cazden on Nov. 6
On Reconciliation by Katrina Coleman & Greg Petrucci on Nov. 27
On Sacred Spaces & Sacred Objects by the Growing in Grace Team on Dec. 11
All teachings will be held at Our Lady of Grace Albanese Hall on Tuesdays @ 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM. You do not need to be a parishioner or Catholic. Some topics are appropriate to attend as a family. RSVPs are NOT required. Come when you are able! For questions or information contact Katrina Coleman at 724-838-9480.