Sunday: 9:30 am
M/W/F: 6:45 am at Our Lady of Grace
T/TH: 8:30 am at St. Benedict
Sacrament of Reconciliation:
Saturday 5:00 pm
- Father Daniel Blout, Administrator
- Aurelia Sabol, Parish Secretary
- Steven LoCascio, Director of Faith Formation
- Julie Teslevich, Coordinator of Pre K – 5th Faith Formation
- Renie Prengaman, Coordinator of Sacramental Preparation
- Michelle Ruby, Coordinator of Middle/High School Youth Ministry
- Paula Aiello, Coordinator of Adult Formation
- Tim Kuhar, Director of Music
Readings for the Week of October 14, 2018
- Sunday: Wis 7:7-11 / Ps 90:12-13, 14-15, 16-17  / Heb 4:12-13 / Mk 10:17-30 or 10:17-27
- Monday: Gal 4:22-24, 26-27, 31—5:1 / Ps 113:1b-2, 3-4, 5a and 6-7 [cf. 2] / Lk 11:29-32
- Tuesday: Gal 5:1-6 / Ps 119:41, 43, 44, 45, 47, 48 [41a] / Lk 11:37-41
- Wednesday: Gal 5:18-25 / Ps 1:1-2, 3, 4 and 6 [cf. Jn 8:12] / Lk 11:42-46
- Thursday: 2 Tm 4:10-17b / Ps 145:10-11, 12-13, 17-18  / Lk 10:1-9
- Friday: Eph 1:11-14 / Ps 33:1-2, 4-5, 12-13  / Lk 12:1-7
- Saturday: Eph 1:15-23 / Ps 8:2-3ab, 4-5, 6-7  / Lk 12:8-12
- Next Sunday: Is 53:10-11 / Ps 33:4-5, 18-19, 20, 22  / Heb 4:14-16 / Mk 10:35-45 or 10:42-45
Updating Parish Membership as Youth become Adults
Our parish maintains the registration of youth members under their parent’s household registration until they turn 21 years old or upon college graduation. Our office relies on your help to keep our records up-to-date as your children grow into adulthood. Therefore, we encourage you, or your adult children living at your address, to take time to ‘re-register’ as members of our parish community. This will not only help our parish to have up-to-date information, but will also be beneficial if they need a Sponsor Certificate verifying their active membership.
Registering at Saint Benedict is as convenient as by stopping by the parish office during regular office hours or by clicking here to register online.
Active membership in a Catholic parish is a requirement to be eligible for:
- the Sacrament of Marriage
- the Sacrament of Confirmation
- the Sacrament of Baptism of a child
- the reception of First Communion
- a sponsor certificate for Baptism/Confirmation
PARISH CENTER WATER DAMAGE UPDATE - Progress is being made in the Parish Center Water Damage. All damaged floors, walls, and carpets have been thoroughly dried and disinfected. Restoration work will begin shortly. We have been cleared to occupy the Parish Center, so Faith Formation will resume next Sunday, October 28, even though it had been canceled.
THE FEAST OF ALL SAINTS AND ALL SOULS’ DAY a holyday of obligation observed annually on November 1, first honored martyrs. Later, when Christians were free to worship according to their conscience, the Church acknowledged other paths to sanctity. In the early centuries, the only criterion was popular acclaim. The first papal canonization occurred in 993; the lengthy process now required to prove extraordinary sanctity took form in the last 500 years. This feast honors the obscure as well as the famous - the saints each of us have known. All saints, pray for us! Mass will be celebrated at St. Benedict Church on Thursday, Nov. 1 at 9:00 AM & 7:00 PM.
THE COMMEMORATION OF ALL THE FAITHFUL DEPARTED (ALL SOULS’ DAY) - On Friday, November 2 Mass will be celebrated at St. Benedict Church at 9 AM in commemoration of All the Faithful Departed - commonly known as All Souls’ Day.
THE WILD GOOSE IS LOOSE!
You are invited! St. Benedict Church will host the Ministry of the Wild Goose Thursdays in October from 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM in the Parish Center.
Fr. Dave Pivonka, in his engaging videos, will lead us on an amazing journey to peace of mind and heart through the love of the Holy Spirit.
The program is FREE and there is NO HOMEWORK.
The sessions are not sequential…come to one or all and benefit!
Please RSVP to Paula @ firstname.lastname@example.org or (724)289-8481.
If you’re looking for a little pick-me-up…this program is for you!
CATHOLIC TEACHING - Our Lady of Grace is sponsoring Everything You Wanted to Know About Catholic Teachings on the following:
On Ghosts, Spirits & Superstition by Greg Petrucci on Oct. 30
On Deaths & Funerals by Fr. Dan Blout & Marisa Cazden on Nov. 6
On Reconciliation by Katrina Coleman & Greg Petrucci on Nov. 27
On Sacred Spaces & Sacred Objects by the Growing in Grace Team on Dec. 11
All teachings will be held at Our Lady of Grace Albanese Hall on Tuesdays @ 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM. You do not need to be a parishioner or Catholic. Some topics are appropriate to attend as a family. RSVPs are NOT required. Come when you are able! For questions or information contact Katrina Coleman at 724-838-9480.