Sunday: 9:30 am
M/W/F: 6:45 am at Our Lady of Grace
T/TH: 8:30 am at St. Benedict
Sacrament of Reconciliation:
Saturday 5:00 pm
Ash Wednesday is February 26, 2020.
Mass will be at 9:00 A.M.
Liturgy of the Word with distribution of ashes will be at 7:00 P.M.
- Father Daniel Blout, Administrator
- Father Marlon Pates, Parochial Vicar
- Aurelia Sabol, Parish Secretary
- Steven LoCascio, Director of Faith Formation
- Julie Teslevich, Coordinator of Pre K – 5th Faith Formation
- Renie Prengaman, Coordinator of Sacramental Preparation
- Paula Aiello, Coordinator of Adult Formation
- Tim Kuhar, Director of Music
Readings for the week of February 23, 2020
- Sunday: Lv 19:1-2, 17-18 / Ps 103:1-2, 3-4, 8, 10, 12-13 [8a] / 1 Cor 3:16-23 / Mt 5:38-48
- Monday: Jas 3:13-18 / Ps 19:8, 9, 10, 15 [9a] / http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/022420.cfm / Mk 9:14-29
- Tuesday: Jas 4:1-10 / Ps 55:7-8, 9-10a, 10b-11a, 23 [23a] / Mk 9:30-37
- Wednesday: Jl 2:12-18 / Ps 51:3-4, 5-6ab, 12-13, 14 and 17 [cf. 3a] / 2 Cor 5:20—6:2 / Mt 6:1-6, 16-18
- Thursday: Dt 30:15-20 / Ps 1:1-2, 3, 4 and 6 [Ps 40:5a] / Lk 9:22-25
- Friday: Is 58:1-9a / Ps 51:3-4, 5-6ab, 18-19 [19b] / Mt 9:14-15
- Saturday: Is 58:9b-14 / Ps 86:1-2, 3-4, 5-6 [11ab] / Lk 5:27-32
- Next Sunday: Gn 2:7-9; 3:1-7 / Ps 51:3-4, 5-6, 12-13, 17 [cf. 3a] / Rom 5:12-19 or 5:12, 17-19 / Mt 4:1-11
SEVEN DEADLY SINS, SEVEN LIVELY VIRTUES - Are you wondering how to make Lent more meaningful this year? Please consider joining us at St. Benedict Parish on the four Thursdays in March for an eye-opening program called, Seven Deadly Sins, Seven Lively Virtues. Bishop Robert Barron has an engaging way of looking at how sin affects our lives. Even better, he offers practical advice on how virtues, if applied to everyday life, can be antidotes to sin and can change our lives and relationships.
*St. Benedict Parish Center * 4 Thursdays in March * 7-8:30pm * Free * ALL ARE WELCOME!* For more information by calling, texting or emailing Paula Aiello: [email protected] or (724) 289-8481
Updating Parish Membership as Youth become Adults
Our parish maintains the registration of youth members under their parent’s household registration until they turn 21 years old or upon college graduation. Our office relies on your help to keep our records up-to-date as your children grow into adulthood. Therefore, we encourage you, or your adult children living at your address, to take time to ‘re-register’ as members of our parish community. This will not only help our parish to have up-to-date information, but will also be beneficial if they need a Sponsor Certificate verifying their active membership.
Registering at Saint Benedict is as convenient as by stopping by the parish office during regular office hours or by clicking here to register online.
Active membership in a Catholic parish is a requirement to be eligible for:
- the Sacrament of Marriage
- the Sacrament of Confirmation
- the Sacrament of Baptism of a child
- the reception of First Communion
- a sponsor certificate for Baptism/Confirmation